STUDENT EMPLOYMENT RECOGNITION PROGRAMS:
National Student Employment Week
Charly Totoro Undergraduate Student Employee of the Year
NEASEA Graduate Student Employee of the Year
NEASEA Supervisor of the Year
Forms can be found at SEOTY_2017
National Student Employment Week- April 9-15, 2017
Chair: Candice Garabedian, University of Massachusetts - Lowell
Candice_Garabedian@uml.edu P: (978) 934-5349
The National Student Employment Association has declared that the second complete week in April each year be set aside to recognize the value of student employees and student employment professionals.
The purpose of this week is threefold:
- To enhance awareness of student employment and its important role in higher education experience.
- To recognize students who perform outstanding work while attending college.
- To thank YOU, the employer, who hire students for part-time positions and make the student employment program such a success.
Student Employee of the Year
Each spring, the National Student Employment Administration (NSEA) coordinates a Student Employee of the Year selection process in conjunction with NSEA’s regional affiliates. The purpose of the selection process is to recognize the outstanding contributions and achievements of students who work while attending college.
The process begins at the institution level. Supervisors have the ability to nominate outstanding student employees to be considered as their Student Employee of the Year. Once selected, any institution who is a current member of one of NSEA's regional affiliates - MASEA, NEASEA, SASEA, and WASEA - may nominate their Student Employee of the Year for regional and national consideration.
Each region sets its own eligibility criteria for student nominees. Generally student workers may be classified as "regular work-study", institutional hourly wage, graduate assistants, or even co-op students to be nominated.
NEASEA provides the NEASEA Student Employment Recognition Handbook to our members. The handbook is a step-by-step guide on how to conduct successful Student Employment Recognition programs and is available to download from the Member area of the NEASEA website. It includes the following information:
- National Student Employment Week planning and sample correspondence.
- Charly Totoro Undergraduate Student Employee of the Year general information, procedures, and sample correspondence.
- NEASEA Graduate Student Employee of the Year general information, procedures, and sample correspondence.
- NEASEA Supervisor of the Year general information, procedures, and sample correspondence.
- Student Employment Recognition forms are also available in the NEASEA Member area.
If you are not a current member of NEASEA, please review the benefits
of being a NEASEA Member and Join Today!